Thursday 25 June 2020

Jeff Buckley: Rarities From NYC *UPDATED 2020*

TREON006
"Rarities From NYC" is a collection of unreleased demo recordings and radio sessions from Jeff Buckley. I know very little about the original collection of song contained in a folder entitled "Rarities From NYC" that surfaced sometime around 2005. I can not find a tracklist or even confirm how many tracks were in the original file (I read somewhere there were at least fourteen). A post on the blogspot: "I Am Fuel, You Are Friends" shines a light on some of the tracks.

My collection contains as many of the original tracks as I could find, from multiple sources (I always try and get the highest possible quality/bitrate I can find) plus a few rarities and couple of bonus tracks.

Updated 31/03/16: I've now combined both my original upload and the revisited version to create this new improved collection of tracks. I've removed the studio demo of I Know It's Over as it is now available on the album You & I but I have added three "sketches" which were previously missing. I've also sucessfully removed the glitch from the radio promo version of Last Goodbye.

Update: 09/10/18: I was able to download tracks 01 and 05 from a better source I thought it would be nice to give this one a bit of an update of  new cover art (based heavily on the old one) and updated tags. I also took the opportunity to remove the clicks in "All Flowers In Time". I remastered the track for a Youtube video so I've included that version too.

Update: 25/06/2020: I've now split this collection into two new parts. Part One is the "Rarities From NYC" collection plus two acoustc tracks taken from the 'Idiots Delight' WXPK (K-Rock), NY radio session. Tracks 01 - 09 have been very lightly altered/edited for better sound. Nothing too invasive, in some cases I've just removed clicks (where possible) or adjusting volume levels.  Tracks 10 - 14 are a unaltered, these tracks are as I downloaded them. Track 15 is now in 320kbps quality. Tracks 16 & 17 have been remastered.
Part Two made up of the raw source tracks (01 - 10, 13 &14: these are the same tracks from part one but in their unedited/unaltered form, they are as I downloaded them) and other rarities.


Tracklist:
Part One
01 - When The Levee Breaks
02 - I Know We Could Be So Happy Baby (If We Wanted To Be) (Alt. Take)
03 - Forget Her (Alt. Take)
04 - All Flowers In Time (feat. Elizabeth Fraser)
05 - When My Love Comes Down
06 - Sky Blue Skin
07 - You & I (Guitar Version)
08 - Opened Once (Instrumental)
09 - River Of Dope
10 - Moodswing Whiskey
11 - Witches' Rave
12 - Your Flesh Is Nice
13 - Let's Bomb The Moonlight
14 - Peace Offering
15 - Thousand Fold

16 - I Woke Up In A Strange Place (WXRK 'Idiots Delight' Radio Session 17.12.95)
17 - Lover, You Should've Come Over (WXRK 'Idiots Delight' Radio Session 17.12.95)

Part Two: Raw Sources and Other Rarities 

01 - When The Levee Breaks
02 - I Know We Could Be So Happy Baby (If We Wanted To Be) (Alt. Take)
03 - Forget Her (Alt. Take)
04 - All Flowers In Time (feat. Elizabeth Fraser)
05 - When My Love Comes Down
06 - Untitled (Sky Blue Skin)
07 - You & I (Guitar Version)
08 - Opened Once (Instrumental)
09 - River Of Dope
10 - Sky Blue Skin (Demo, September 13, 1996)
11 - All Flowers In Time (feat. Elizabeth Fraser) 2018 Remastered Version
12 - Last Goodbye (WHFS Radio Promo Version 11.06.95) - Glitch Fixed
13 - I Woke Up In A Strange Place (Live on 'Idiots Delight', WXRK Radio 17.12.95)
14 - Lover, You Should've Come Over (Live on 'Idiots Delight', WXRK Radio 17.12.95)
15 - All Flowers In Time (Live at Selina's, Coogee Bay Hotel 01.03.96)
16 - Lilac Wine Ft. Nina Simone (Marco Rigamonti Rai Tunes Remix)
17 - Opened Once (Marco Rigamonti Remix)


Password: TREON006










19 comments:

  1. thank you so much!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por la coleccion amateur aunque por la web está la lista original y tiene como 100 canciones

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made my week, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE THANK YOU!!!! HE IS AWESOME. SAD LOSS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks man great job but it's not really the 'Rarities from NYC' collection anymore it's just rare Jeff Buckley.

    Song title corrections :
    The Man I Am Now
    Moodswing Whiskey
    Witches' Rave
    Your Flesh Is So Nice

    I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would 'remix' the heavenly Opened Once but I never want to hear that and I don't know why you would put it here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is Thousand Fold such a low bit rate when it was officially released on CD? I've got the original Everybody Here Wants You single but I can't find it. Do you want me to share it via Dropbox if/when I find my copy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, it seems that the password is not working, what could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for keeping it updated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a reason the password wouldn't work for me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. For anyone wondering about the password, make sure to type the password in rather than copying and pasting. Worked for me once I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a million for uploading these rare gems. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have loved, in an unearthly way, Jeff since I was 16 in 2006. I listened to these tracks for the first time yesterday, 26 years of the day of his death. I am so grateful xxx I have not stopped listening x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard some of these - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gracias nuevamente.

    ReplyDelete